Wildlife Land Trust / Sanctuaries / QLD / Turkey’s Nest

Turkey’s Nest Rainforest accommodation at Mt Glorious is a perfect retreat from the bustle of city life, close to the city, yet a world away.

Nestled in 15 acres of tranquil rainforest just 40km north-west of Brisbane, our two self-contained eco-cottages and private suite have a warm and welcoming atmosphere, cosy fireplaces, serene rainforest views, abundant birdlife plus all modern conveniences. To this we add features such as port, home-made chocolates, candles and fresh flowers.

Rosemary and Russell Cuthbertson are the owners of Turkey’s Nest, a property located in Mount Glorious approximately 40km north-west of Brisbane. The property is a dedicated wildlife sanctuary offering eco-friendly accommodation in the form of fully self-contained cottages.

Turkey’s Nest is set on 6 hectares and surrounded by D’Aguilar National Park, which consists of a combination of subtropical rainforest and wet sclerophyll forest. Approximately 75% of the sanctuary is subtropical rainforest with the remaining 25% developed as a small, eco-friendly accommodation business.

Wildlife known to inhabit the property includes a wide variety of native birds, lace monitors (Varanus varius), short-nosed (Isoodon macrourus) and long-nosed (Perameles nasuta) bandicoots and carpet pythons (Morelia spilota) with red-necked pademelons (Thylogale thetis) often spotted nearby.

Contact the owner

This sanctuary has been listed by Rosemary and Russell Cuthbertson who can be contacted by phone on (07) 3289 0004 or mt.glorious@turkeysnest.com