Wildlife Land Trust / Sanctuaries / NSW / Yellow Dog Farm

Set on Yellow Dog Farm, a tranquil 50 acre reserve between Gulaga Mountain and the coast, Gulaga Lee on Yellow Dog Farm is the perfect retreat for nature-loving families. The newly renovated, pet-friendly cottage provides free wi-fi as well as a cosy slow combustion heater in winter and a private pool and BBQ area for summer.

With Handkerchief Beach and Narooma shops only 5 minutes away, Gulaga Lee is ideal for a relaxing family getaway. The reserve is home to a range of wildlife including kangaroos, wallabies, lace monitors and a vast array of birdlife including wedge-tailed eagles – a great spot for wildlife photography!

Lindsay Gabriel and Jennifer Peat are the owners of Yellow Dog Farm, managing the land for the benefit of the local environment and to conserve bushland as a wildlife corridor.

The sanctuary covers 20.2 hectares with approximately 40% of the land cleared for horses and two residences, and the remaining 60% comprising of native bushland. Vegetation includes spotted gums (Corymbia maculata), ironbarks (Eucalyptus spp.), wattles (Acacia spp.), lomandras (Lomandra longifolia), native cherries (Exocarpos cupressiformis) and pittosporums (Pittosporum spp.).

Yellow Dog Farm is home to a wide variety of birds, and wildlife species known to inhabit the property include swamp wallabies (Wallabia bicolor), eastern grey kangaroos (Macropus giganteus), sand monitors (Varanus gouldii), tiger snakes (Notechis scutatus) and red-bellied black snakes (Pseudechis porphyriacus). The property is also abundant in birdlife including Australian king parrots (Alisterus scapularis), magpies (Cracticus tibicen), rosellas (Platycercus spp.), fairy-wrens (Malurus spp.), laughing kookaburras (Dacelo novaeguineae), wattlebirds (Anthochaera spp.), crested pigeons (Ocyphaps lophotes), Australian wood ducks (Chenonetta jubata), rainbow lorikeets (Trichoglossus moluccanus) and wedge-tailed eagles (Aquila audax).

Contact the owner

This sanctuary has been listed by Stephanie Wills who can be contacted by phone on 02 4476 2699 or info@whalecoastrealty.com.au