- Provided ongoing and significant funds for the rescue and rehabilitation of ' dancing' (sloth) bears in India, a program expertly implemented by Wildlife SOS. Wildlife SOS has now rescued its 500th ' dancing' bear!
- Supported Wildlife SOS in India who are working vigorously for the welfare of the captured leopards in the state of Maharashtra. Wildlife SOS has found that there was a high rate of mortality of leopards (incarcerated till death) in small trap cages.
- At the request and generosity of an HSI major donor, resources were sent to Wildlife SOS to support tiger protection efforts in India.
- Wildlife SOS, with financial support from HSI, has also been effectively implementing their ' Elephant Welfare Program' in New Delhi. Significant improvements have been made to the lives of all working elephants in Delhi.
- Supported the work of the ' People for Animals' on the east coast of India (Orissa) this year, aimed at protecting Olive Ridley Turtles. This proposed program attempts to involve directly and indirectly all those people whose lives are intimately linked with the coastal resources ' to show that turtles in their area are an integral part of the ecosystem and that there is an urgent need to save them.
- At the request and generosity of a major HSI donor, resources were sent to Wildlife SOS to support a donkey sanctuary in India.
- HSI facilitated the travel to India this year of a number vets from the Australian ' Vets Without Borders' organisation, heading to India to help a number of animal welfare projects operate.