Humane Society International (HSI) envisions a world in which people change their interaction with other animals and their environments, evolving from exploitation and harm to respect and compassion.
Humane Society International seeks to create an ecologically sustainable and humane world for all animals and their environments. Through education, advocacy and empowerment, we seek to forge a comprehensive change in human behaviour, protecting all wildlife and their habitats.
Statement of Objectives
- To promote the protection of all living things from cruelty and neglect;
- To promote the enhancement and conservation of all wild plants and animals;
- To promote the protection and conservation of, or research into, native species and ecological communities listed in Federal, State and Territory legislation;
- To promote the welfare and conservation of all animals and wildlife in domestic and international trade;
- To use all means to further humane and environmental education;
- To participate in and co-operate with all other international organisations and with societies and organisations in Australia and other nations, in all efforts to prevent or ameliorate the suffering of animals and the preservation and conservation of the environment;
- To assist and persuade and, if necessary through legal means, to compel government bodies and agencies to further the protection of animals and the environment through appropriate regulations and enforcement; and
- To pursue all lawful means in furthering the purposes of this incorporated body.