Humane Society International (HSI) - ABN 63 510 927 032 - may collect the following types of personal information:
- Mailing or Street Address
- Email Address;
- Telephone number/s
- Age or date of birth
- Occupation or job title
- Any other contact details you wish to provide
How do we collect your personal information?
HSI collects your personal information directly from you in most cases, where reasonable and practicable. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including: when you make a donation; complete a survey; sign a petition; through your access and use of our website or during conversations between you and our representatives.
General Information Collection and Use
HSI is the sole owner of the information collected. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
HSI uses an outside mailing house, and a secure credit card processing facility. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
HSI ensures all precautionary steps are taken to protect personal information from any misuse or interference.
- Financial information is stored encrypted on our password protected database.
- Hardcopy records of personal information are destroyed using a certified secure document destruction facility.
- We use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online.
- All personal information, not just the sensitive information, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees must use password-protected screen-savers when they leave their desk. When they return, they must re-enter their password to re-gain access to your information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every quarter, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our supporters information is protected.
- The servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment.
Sending information overseas
HSI does not disclose your personal information to any person or body outside Australia for any purpose.
All direct marketing communication has an opt out prompt. Any request to be removed from the database is acted on immediately. Any enquiry relating to the source of an individual’s information is answered quickly and at no charge.
If you have any questions about your personal information, any corrections or a complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy or a possible breach of your privacy, please contact us:
Send mail to the following postal address:
Humane Society International
PO Box 439
AVALON NSW 2107
Call: 1800 333 737
Suite 5a Level 1
27 Old Barrenjoey Road
AVALON NSW 2107